Dr. Rammer RM e.U.
DI Dr. Josef Rammer (ICT & Management Consultant)
Total: 1-10 number of researches: 1
Central aim of organisation
To provide research management services to ICT-oriented organisations, with a focus on research funding and proposal management.
Briefly describe your organisation
I specialise in a range of R&D and related management services tailored to the needs of ICT-oriented organisations. With a background of over 20 years in industrial and academic R&D, my goal is to support and empower your projects and processes to help you manage and fund your innovations through an effective, results-oriented approach.
Supporting your project acquisition process:
* Design and improvement of your project acquisition and proposal management processes
* Special expertise in writing winning proposals for ESA (European Space Agency), the EU Research Framework Programme, and national agencies (FFG, Austria).
* Monitoring and screening of relevant RFQ/ITT (Request for Proposal, Invitation to Tender) databases
* Proposal strategy and scope
* Consortium building and task allocation
* Proposal management and coordination
* Technical contributions in the fields of my specific ICT expertise
* Proposal editing
* Proposal review and final check
Supporting your project management needs:
* Overall project management
* Coaching of junior project managers and work package leaders
* Sub-project management, work package management
* Project initiation and set-up
* Team organisation and team building
* Project planning and controlling
* Quality management, risk management, claim management
* Set-up of your applicable development process
* OSS (Open Source Software) licensing issues
* ECC (Export Control and Customs) regulations
* Requirements engineering
* System architecture definition and review
* Systems engineering
* Coordination, editing and review of project documents
* Project delivery and acceptance
* Project close-out and retrospectives
Supporting your technology and innovation management needs:
* Design and improvement of your technology and innovation management processes
* Technology monitoring and screening (publications, patents, standards)
* Technology trend forecasts
* Candidate technologies evaluations
* Innovation projects: Initiation, definition, execution
* Technology planning, embedding in product roadmaps, interface management
* Scenarios for the commercial exploitation of project results
* Support to the dissemination of results (publications, conference presentations, trade fairs)
* Support to IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) management, editing of patent applications
* Support to the development and editing of the business plan
* Business plan review
Specific ICT research & development offers:
I offer a variety of engineering services in the fields of my technical expertise, with a focus on these technologies:
* Satellite Networks: Fixed and mobile satellite networks - Network design and optimisation, networking issues, communication control, access control, traffic engineering, system and service simulations, performance evaluation, protocol design, systems engineering, requirements engineering
* Mobile Networks: Systems beyond UMTS/3G (i.e., 3G+, Super 3G, 4G), mobile packet core (SAE, EPC, EPS) - Feasibility analysis, architecture, systems engineering, requirements engineering, demonstrator development, prototyping
* IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystems): VoIP, signaling, interworking with circuit switched networks, combinational services - Feasibility analysis, systems engineering, requirements engineering
| - Standardisation |
- Software Engineering and Testing
- Internet Technologies
- Network and Broadband Technologies
| - Advanced Systems Architecture |
- Satellite Technologies
- Wireless & Mobile Communication
Satellite networks, Satellite communication, Mobile networks, IP networks , Telecom standardisation, MPLS, IMS, ESA, EU, FP7, ETSI, FFG
| RTD Experiences & Publications|
My organisation has been involved in projects funded by the following EU-programmes
Austrian Research and Development Projects
A theoretical physicist by education, Dr. Rammer started his career in academic research working at universities in Austria, Germany and Canada. After returning to Austria in the early nineties, he joined the telecommunications industry (Siemens Austria), where he held various technical expert, consultancy and R&D leadership positions.
Dr. Rammer is currently an independent ICT and Management Consultant, accredited by the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (Wirtschaftskammer). He is recommended by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) as an expert for the EUs 7th Research Framework Program. He is also a frequent contributor to European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) projects in the field of satellite communications, most recently on alarm communications over satellite.
- Active participation in all EU Research Framework Programs since 1996 in various roles as proposal manager and partner, company representative, work package manager, technical contributor and as EU project auditor and evaluator.
- Active participation in the ESA (European Space Agency) satellite communications program since 1992; responsible for project acquisition, proposal management and project management; team leader for Satcom projects.
- Senior project manager in a wide variety of distributed, cross-cultural R&D projects with an excellent track record in terms of project schedule, cost, team cohesion and performance, and quality of results.
- Project management responsibilities involved close attention to the applicable software/system development process, project controling and reporting, risk management, claim management, quality management, OSS (Open Source Software) license issues and ECC (Export Control and Customs) regulations, among other duties.
- Covered all phases from project inception, pre-acquisition, acquisition, proposal management, contract negotiation, team-building, project planning, execution, delivery/acceptance, close-out and retrospectives.
- Project management coach for junior project managers and work package leaders.
- 19 years of experience in the fields of mobile, fixed and satellite communications, with emphasis on feasibility studies, requirements engineering, system architecture, systems engineering, performance evaluations, numerical simulations, prototype and demonstrator developments.
Customers and partners in these activities included:
- The manufacturing industry
- Small and medium enterprises
- Research institutions
- Management and tax consultant firms
- Government agencies
- Pan-European organisations such as ESA, EUMETSAT, ETSI and the European Commission.
Further relevant activities, achievements and awards:
- Recommended by the FFG (Austrian Research Promotion Agency) as a qualified expert for the EUs Research Framework Program (2010).
- Accredited as a Management Consultant by the WKO (Wirtschaftskammer, or Austrian Federal Economic Chamber) (2008).
- Named „Technology Scout 2004“ - Siemens PSE Award for outstanding innovative work.
- Alumnus of the Siemens Management-Training Program Z3.
- Member of the coopPSE network
- 9 patents in the area of dynamic routing and resource control for terrestrial and satellite-based networks.
- 11 publications on routing und resource control for fixed, mobile and satellite-based telecommunications networks.
- Author/Co-Author of 4 ETSI-Standards and 5 ETSI Technical Reports in the field of mobility in private networks.
- 22 publications and 1 book contribution on the theory of superconductivity, with focus on high temperature superconductors.
- Presentations at over 20 international scientific and technical conferences and workshops.
Inserted / Updated
2008-10-31 / 2016-06-01